Saturday 23 May 2015

The time is nigh

Sadly I can hold out no longer. 
It's past the middle of May and the lawn must be hacked back to something a little more presentable. The garden needs tidying in preparation for planting out the tenders for the summer. However, before any of that happens the lawn (I use that word loosely as I am no slave to turf care) needs the attention of the mower. 
I've been enjoying the daisies for the last few days, as have the insects, but sadly the time had come. 
Off with their heads! 
That's assuming the mower is willing to wake up, post winter hibernation. It's a dozy, spluttery, noisy old thing, long overdue a service. Oftentimes, to get it started a few choice words must be uttered, eventually it relents and chokes to life.
 Hopefully it plays ball this time, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment