Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!

Well tomorrow marks the beginning of another year, the festive period is coming towards its end and soon this years decorations will be coming down.
It's been a great year all in all. The garden has been so so in parts, I want it to be so much better next summer, with plans and schemes afoot to make it a great space.

I gave my first two gardening lectures, the first in Belfast and the second in Dublin at the prestigious National Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin.

I admit, when I saw the size of the lecture theater I had to take a very sharp intake of breath!
But I needn't have worried, they were a very friendly, attentive and interactive audience.
Who knows there this all will lead in the future.....

I've also met some new gardening friends, and I hope the four of us manage to do a bit of garden visiting in 2014.

Fingers crossed the incoming year is mild and that we don't get the kind of freak weather experienced in Northern Ireland last March, with excessive amounts of snow that stayed for weeks.

I'm not one for New Years resolutions or any of that nonsense, but here's to a bigger, better and happy 2014, where the days are sunny and warm and ample rain falls, but only at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment